A while ago I blogged about my newfound ability to shortcircuit the fear response that occurs when I go into the sleep paralysis state. (That entry is available here.) While chanting to Tara is quite effective in reducing my fear, it also pops me out of the state; what I really want to happen is to go deeper. A few nights ago the process started unfolding for me, and as usual the fear was very strong. This time, however, I decided to do something different: to try to make the sensations associated with the sleep paralysis state even stronger. I had received this advice in a thread on a lucid dream discussion forum a while ago (http://novadreamer.com/discus/, where I post as "adastra"), and having gained the confidence that chanting to Tara would press the eject button, I felt confident enough to finally put that advice into action. The result was that the sensations and associated auditory and quasi-visual manifestations did indeed get stronger, in an interesting wavelike pattern - surging in intensity then falling back. I remained in the state for what seemed like several minutes, then abruptly popped out of it. Although I didn't fully cross over into lucid dreaming or out of body experience, I stayed in the gateway state far longer than when I chant to Tara - and with the added benefit that my fear was significantly reduced, although it did not go away entirely. It seems likely that with continued practice, I will be able to fully cross over - it has been a while since I've done so, and I'm missing it!
In a related development, I'm remembering my dreams fairly well lately, and and notice the content reflecting my psychospiritual state in fascinating ways.
Sunday, December 26, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment