I was looking at my new avatar on Integral Naked recently (you can see a copy of it at the beginning of this thread) and thinking about the symbolism of it, what attracts me to it. I see a figure standing alone on a fractured red landscape, near the edge of a precipice, and gazing towards a mandalalicious kosmic swirl. Perhaps this is an expression of where I feel I'm at these days, as reflected in a recent blog entry about some work I've been doing:
Report on Traditional Healing Ceremony
So my avatar seems to me at this moment to be a rich symbol of where I'm at and what I'm looking for. Then again, it could be just some guy standing in a weird place, looking at something swirly – and maybe that's all there is to my life at this moment as well.
Probably both/and.
So what to do? Jump over the edge? Stop looking far away and look at where I'm actually standing? Just tune into the ground and the edge and the kosmic sky and the me and realize it's all one? I'm not necessarily looking for answers to these questions, just musing aloud.
arthur
p.s. I always feel I have to explain the word "kosmic" - not to be confused with "cosmic" - when I use it outside of certain circles. Coined by Ken Wilber, it refers to the whole shebang, exterior and interior aspects of, well, all this; as distinguised from "cosmos" only taking in the exterior stuff that can be measured and seen directly, leaving out all that juicy conscious experience.
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment